The ImproWaves is an Erasmus+ project to explore improvisation & embodiment as a tool to develop entrepreneurial mindset. It is an opportunity to listen to your inner impulses, awaken potential for self- expression and develop your awareness about the waves you’re creating in interactions. We will explore the principles of improvisation such as acceptance, spontaneity, generosity, attention, flexibility and partnership and use embodiment as a way to re-connect body & mind, verbal & non-verbal, rational & emotional. We believe in the co-creation of the learning atmosphere in which everyone can share, learn and grow together so we invite all the participants to co-create the program, share and learn from each other. All of this will be guided by an experienced team in a playful, supportive and safe environment.
The project is for people who are:
- youth worker, educator, trainer, facilitator or a person working with people ready to use or considering to use improvisation and embodiment with your target group.
- enthusiastic, motivated, open to new challenges & committed to participate in the project through all the phases (preparation, training course and organisation of a follow up activity)
- resident of one of the partner countries
- 18+ and speaking fluent English
- excited to improvise, move, explore experiment and share throughout daily intense programme
We will be accepting fitting applicants on the go. The application form is closed when the group is complete. So we suggest you apply as soon as possible.
What can you expect?
- Develop your entrepreneurial mindset with a special focus on acceptance, spontaneity, generosity, partnership & flexibility
- Cultivate your personal and professional life while using your body & rediscover improvisation skills
- Enjoy the moment while releasing your creativity in an international group
- Explore methods to tune in into the unfolding moment and nourish your ability to be present
- Train your sense of initiative and improve the quality of your actions
- Developing your awareness and recognizing old patterns, finding new alternatives
- Become familiar with different dimensions of listening
- Enrich your facilitator toolbox with activities from 2 different creative methodologies that you can further use in your work
- Exchange ideas and good practices with people from different backgrounds
The project is built in three different phases (preparation, training course and organisation of a follow up activity)
1st phase: Online Preparation
Dates: 1st of December 2022-9th of January 2023
Our journey starts already before we meet in Gran Canaria all together. There will be space to connect to each other through our common facebook group and do al the practical preparation needed.
2nd phase: Training Course
Dates: 10-17 January 2023
The program starts!
3rd phase: Follow-up
Dates: Until 17th of February 2023
After the TC, the journey continues with applying what you have learned back in your own youth work. All participants are asked to create a follow-up activity, organise it and report it back within 1 month after the training course.
Improvisation is a collaborative art form. It focuses on positive attitude & seeing and spotting opportunities in the partner. Improvisers are open and curious about their scene partners and perceive them as co-creators.
Embodiment is a somatic approach that puts one’s body in the center of the learning process. The power of embodiment comes from the fact that it is a universal language which brings us back to the basics. It is simple, creative, joyful and open for everyone. It is funded on principles of dance, body movement, body awareness, dynamic meditation, body work etc.
Taking this experience, we will reflect on how we can apply the principles and approach as facilitators, trainers or coaches while working with groups of young people.
Veronika Pavlova- Embodiment trainer
Veronika is a trainer, facilitator and coach working in the non-formal field since 2014. She is enthusiastic about embodied approaches as she
sees the body as a powerful tool for self-awareness, self-expression and a domain of change. She also loves to create nature-based activties, rituals & meditation and cultivate a safe space for people to grow and learn.
Despoina Rafailidou- Coordinator
Despoina creates and coordinates educational programs for adults and young people around the topics of embodied learning and nature-based education. Her vision is to offer a learning environment that is fun and transforming for everyone involved. She does that mainly from the backstage where she can keep an eye that things run nice and smoothly.
Gergő Kiss- Improvisation trainer
Geri has been a trainer and facilitator in both business and youth sectors since 2009. He believes in the creation of a positive learning atmosphere in which there is a safe space for experimentation. He applies improv theater as a main method for skills development. He is an improviser, and a member of Grund Theater Company based in Budapest.
This training program is co-funded through the Erasmus+ program, therefore accommodation, food, materials, and the travel costs up to the maximum allowed amount per country will be fully reimbursed. Here you can find the amount limit for travels assigned to each country:
- Cyprus , Latvia 820 €
- Hungary, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic 530 €
- Portugal 275 €
- Spain 0 €
Marga Pura • Italy • email@example.com
Kalm • Latvia• firstname.lastname@example.org
Egyesek• Hungary • email@example.com
Atlas • Spain • firstname.lastname@example.org
Collippo • Portugal • email@example.com
Roes Cooperativa • Greece • firstname.lastname@example.org
VEGA • Serbia • email@example.com
Drustvo CPM • Slovenia • firstname.lastname@example.org
Fab.bri.ka KollektiV • Cyprus • email@example.com
Pinky promise • Germany • firstname.lastname@example.org
Zarika Association • Bulgaria • email@example.com
YOUnique • Czech Republic • firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the attached Infopack before applying.