Everyone on Stage! Youth Exchange
On this youth exchange a group of young people came together to explore diversity through storytelling. Humans have a natural inclination to tell stories, both real and imagined. Communication and building relationships are key to telling a good story, but what happens when our audience speaks a different language or comes from a different culture? We hope to answer these questions through theatre and improvisation and create a collective, inclusive story. If you have a story to share and want to hear others’ stories, this project is for you!
This youth exchange aims to explore inclusion in various forms such as disability, cultural differences, and specific needs. It aims to teach young people to overcome their prejudices through empathetic listening.
The objectives are:
- Foster open-mindedness by including everyone
- Promote an immersive experience by bringing together young people from different backgrounds
- Collaboratively create and present a theatre play by the end of the project
This youth exchange will focus on improvisation and inclusion. Led by a professional artist, young people will participate in theatrical workshops.
Participants will explore the following theatre activities:
- Improvisation workshops
- Workshops for the expression of imposed sketches
- Discovering the „Statues en Marche” festival (https://statuesenmarche.070.be/labo/)
In addition to the creative approach, the project will include various workshops that will allow us to learn more about the theme of the project and enhance our discussions by sharing stories, experiences and many others.
- Moving debates (3D)
- Thematic debates: disability and inclusion, intercultural inclusion etc.
- Presentation of inclusive projects and meeting of actors of inclusion in Belgium
- Role-playing based on case studies
- La Gatte d’Or à Harsin (1st week): Located in Village de Harsin, not far from Marche-en-Famenne. It is composed of a beautiful multifunctional room, as well as a dining room with open kitchen, a chill area, small bedrooms for 2 to 4 people, amenities (showers and toilets).
- Complexe Saint-François (2nd week): Located in Marche-En-Famenne, the complex has a large meeting room, a beautiful outdoor area, a collective kitchen and small rooms for 2 people, as well as all the necessary amenities (toilets, showers).
Lodging and activity costs will be covered, and travel costs will be reimbursed according to the flat-rate of the ERASMUS+ program (travel distance is calculated with http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_fr.htm)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.