CAT06 Wild Jump
The workcamp will be focused on preserving flora and fauna of the area. The volunteers will do manual tasks and use traps to capture invasive species. The workcamp aims to track and to know the quality of the river and its natural surroundings.
Work: The technical work is focused on preservation and protection of Conca de Ter’s natural areas. There will be different tasks related to the recovering and control of local flora and fauna.
- Capture and measure invasive species, constructing traps.
- Study the biological diversity and the quality Ter river’s water
- Track the river’s species
- Maintenance tasks of ponds, removing canes and doing weed control.
- Maintenance of plantations
- Recovering different spaces of the area such as irrigation canals or observation sites.
Accommodation: In the sports hall of the village. The participants will sleep in one of the rooms of the sports hall and will use another big room as a dining room. The outside covered porches will be used as a kitchen. The participants will use the bathrooms and showers of the sports hall.
Free time activities: Wide range of free time activities proposed: international cooking, night excursions, cultural visits, watersports, ecological creativity, graffiti painting, etc. During the weekends the group of volunteers will have the opportunity to visit Girona and Barcelona. There is also a possible excursion to the beach in Costa Brava.