NICE-17-067 Gala 03
Other dates for this workcamp:
- NICE-17-039 22/04 – 05/05
- NICE-17-067 06/07 – 12/07
- NICE-17-099 20/08 – 26/08
- NICE-17-099 20/08 – 02/09
- NICE-17-125 29/10 – 04/11
- NICE-17-125 29/10 – 11/11
Work: Volunteers will
- Establish the demonstrative vegetable garden with village youths to be used also as the training center as before,
- Assist the other farming activities at farm,
- Support to village children society’s work and
- Support members home garden activities.
Accommodation and food: Training center at the farm. Meals will be cooked by the host while dishes should be washed by volunteers by turns. Sleeping bag is not necessary. You can wash your cloths by washing machine. Internet is available (but Volunteers need tp pay).
Location and leisure: Located at 130km from Colombo. This is a mountainous area and elevation is 1100m above sea level. Environment is cool, windy and low humid.
Project hosted by: This workcamp has been organized with Green Volunteers for Green Future (GV4GF) since 2012 (since 2013 in this place). GV4GF is a NGO to promote voluntary service, environmental protection and improve rural life. GSS (Shelter for villagers) was made as an integrated organic farm in 1977 with the donation from some international agencies that suddenly stopped 5 years ago, so most of the activities were collapsed. Then, another group has taken the responsibility and runs an animal husbandry (cattle and goats), biogas unit, vegetable plantation plots including leafy vegetables, tea plantation, banana plantation and cinnamon plantation, all by the organic way.Additional comments: Other activities:Organizing cultural exchange events, Meditation, Excursion, Environmental Education, Farewell party, etc.
Requirements: High motivation to work and respect to the local culture and way of the local organization!