Leaders of Change 2.
Leaders of Change is a 9 days training course for those already leading either groups or volunteers who want to improve their performance, based upon the principles of self-awareness, resourcefulness and accountability.
The main methodology used will be personal development or self-reflection, which means that we will be focusing mainly on your mindset/attitudes rather than providing you practical skills or models.
The training is here for you to
- Reflect on the role of leadership and explore your own attitudes, approach and inner motivation for your work with volunteering.
- Realize how your mindset influences your behaviors, the results you get and the relationships you have with other people in your working context
- Acquire models and tools to align yourself with your core values, while being more inclusive towards others and unexpected situations
- Put your experience into practice and exchange best practices with other participants
The training is intended for participants, who
- are planning to lead a project or a workcamp in 2020/21 and ideally have been to or are planning to go to regular skills-oriented project or workcamp leaders trainings.
- have ideally participated in at least one workcamp as participants, previous experiences with leading a workcamp or other type of project are welcome, but not required.
- are at least 18 years old and can communicate in English.
- are willing to work on their personal and professional development.
- are able to participate fully at the programme from the beginning till the end.
Built up of the program
- Self-Reflection (Day 1 to 5)
During these days the participants will have the opportunity to get a better and deeper understanding on how and why they lead people and how this affects the results they obtain, and they can maintain what works and improve what doesn’t. Shortly: the participants will have the opportunity to look into the relationship between beliefs, concepts, automatic behaviours, teamwork and decision making. They will do so through input, activities and reflection spaces.
- Submersion/Real life implementation/Outdoor (Day 5 to 8)
The best way to transform theory into knowledge is to practice in a real-life situation or context. Participants will have several assignments to complete in the local communities around the venue where they can put into practice the knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired throughout the previous days of the TC.
- Final steps (Day 8 & 9)
These last 2 days are there to wrap up the learning experience of the TC, in such a way that the insights can be taken home in a structured manner, to plan follow-up steps and close the TC together.
Afonso is a worldwide freelance educator, with a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology. Since 2009 he has been actively involved in non-formal education, youth work and community building in Europe and West Africa. His main areas of work are personal development, coaching with a strong focus on body awareness, EVS mentoring, inclusion of fewer opportunities, communication, media as an educational tool and project management.
Viktoria comes from Hungary and she has solid experience in coaching and personal development. For 9 years she has worked on training courses in the topic of communication, coaching, entrepreneurship, youth work. In the last 5 years, she has been specialized in personal development and group coaching with NLP and life coaching background.