E=MC20 – The potentials of non-formal education
E=MC20 – Empowerment through management and coordination is a long-term training course about project management in the field of European youth work organized by the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organizations. The second training course of the long-term project, „The potentials of non-formal education” will be hosted by Egyesek Youth Association, and it will focus on the educational line of projects and the most important elements of non-formal education.
What is the project about?
Alliance is an umbrella organization of national voluntary service organizations that promote intercultural understanding, peace, democratic participation, and equality, in the spirit of respect for universal human rights. As these organizations are running their annual International Volunteer Projects (also known as workcamps), E=MC20 aims at strengthening the knowledge and skills of younger generations about all aspects of project management – from turning an idea into a project proposal, through implementation to evaluation and measuring the impact of youth projects.
This long-term project focuses on showing young people, activists, workcamp leaders, and staff and volunteer members of youth organizations around Europe the best practices for managing projects at the European level of youth work, giving a lot of practical tools and methods, experiences, and growth possibilities to contribute to more successful projects and a well-prepared new generation emerging within the organizations.
The project consists of four phases in total: 3 residential training courses and a practice phase between the second and third training.
- The Basics of project management in the youth sector – France [ALREADY HAPPENED]
- The potentials of non-formal education – Hungary [25-31 May 2023]
- Practice phase – back in your own country [summer of 2023]
- The evaluation and impact of projects – Serbia [16-22 October 2023]
Who is the project for?
This long-term training course is for people, who
- are volunteers or staff members of youth organizations, activists, youth workers, youth professionals, trainers, facilitators
- are interested in expanding their competencies in project coordination and management, especially in the field of European youth work
- are between the ages of 18 to 30
- have a good knowledge of English
- are residents of the Council of Europe’s countries
Priority will be given to those, who
- are willing to commit to both of the trainings in Hungary and Serbia
- have experience with International Voluntary Service and the workcamp movement
The full project is implemented with the support of the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe. All lodging expenses (food and accommodation) and travel reimbursement up to the EU travel distance limits* will be covered.
The second training course, The potentials of non-formal education” is co-financed by the Erasmus + Programme.
Application is possible by filling in the APPLICATION FORM by 20th April.