The Difference Between
he Difference Between aims to bring an innovative approach for leading and facilitating groups in youth work.
As we see it, a lot of programs and activities are chosen according to a standard, “by-the book” protocol, and debriefings are led in such way that the facilitator is searching for the “right” questions or once again following a set of standard questions. What we want to offer instead is a dynamic alternative for leading groups and activities in way that focus mainly on the needs of young people who might be in front of you.
In short: we want to focus on how to create an empowering and inviting context when working with young people.
This approach is based on 4 key elements:
• Craftsmanship – the capacity to design programs according to group needs and stage of development
• Connection – empathetic behavior towards acknowledging group needs
• Communication – the holistic usage of body, voice and words to achieve desired impact
• Co-leadership – shared decision making through consensus
We will use methods to empower the participants capacity to facilitate and deliver activities in a more clear and impactful manner, with the support of tools and inputs coming from coaching, body awareness methods, theater, dance, program design.
This training is there for you to:
1. Become more attuned to the learning needs of the context you are working in;
2. Improve and boost your practical skills for working with groups
3. Promote and multiply the exchange of your best practices with other youth professionals